In honor of Pueblo’s 150th anniversary as a city, there’s a lot going on in our fair city throughout 2020. Throughout the year, the Pueblo Downtown Association and various organizations around town will be hosting celebratory events, offering one-of-a-kind discounts, and selling unique merchandise.
To keep up to date with all that’s happening for Pueblo’s 150th anniversary celebration, check back on this page often. We’ll continually update our calendar with what’s new!
To get you started, here are a few things you can look forward to…
- January 17, 5-7 p.m.: Heritage Center Meeting Room, Display of large photos from Historical Society.
- January 3, 2020 at 5:00pm: This will be our 150 Kickoff Party at El Pueblo History Museum, 301 N. Union Ave. Pueblo, CO. 81003
- Feb. 8 10:30 a.m. - noon: The Pueblo Zoo through the Years book signing & discussion about the 120 year old Pueblo Zoo. Located at Pueblo Zoo, Pueblo Blvd & Thatcher Ave.
- Feb. 15 from 5:30 to 7 pm: at El Pueblo History Museum. The League of Women Voters of Pueblo has been assisting citizens with voting information for exactly half of the city’s history. It will be marking its 75th birth anniversary on For information contact 719-470-0723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb. 23 from 12:15 to 2:30 pm: First Presbyterian Church, 10th & Court. A community open house celebrating the church’s 150th Anniversary, entertainment provided by blue-grass band, Fireweed. A commemorative church service begins at 10:00 a.m. Attire from anytime during the 150 year period is encouraged.
- Feb. 25 1p.m.: The Connect Charter School is celebrating "Two Schools Seperated by 150 years". Location: 7th & Santa Fe. Reservations Required. Reserve by calling 719-542-0224
Restaurant month will be March 1st to 31st and will highlight restaurants throughout downtown Pueblo with specials for $18.70, in honor of our first year.
Click Here for Participants
- March 13, 5:30 pm: Historic Pueblo Inc., Fund-raising dinner, $50.00) at Union Depot. Tracy Beach presentation on 1921 flood. Call 719-252-7306.
- March 14 & 15: Criterion Bicycle Races featuring professional and amateur racers. March 14 races are near the Test Center. March 15 through the Historic District.
- March 20th, 4pm-8pm: Grand Opening of The Project: Inspire Cooperative at 2828 Granada Boulevard Building 2. Part of the PDI Art Fair, celebrating Pueblo’s 150th Anniversary. Food trucks, bar, art giveaways, paper making, sculpting, meet the artisans. For more info projectinspire.community or 719-565-6713
- March 21, 2-4 p.m., Nature Center of Pueblo. Pueblo Rocks needs help building a giant chili pepper out of rocks. The display will be surrounded with 150 rocks.
- March 28, 1-3 p.m.:Pueblo Rocks, Rawlings Library 4th floor.
- May 2, Colorado Weavers Day, Handweavers Guild of Pueblo, host. Pueblo Community College, 900 W. Orman Ave.
- May 5, Puebla/Pueblo Sister City Anniversary. Celebration of all 5 Sister Cities.
- May 30, Parks and Rec. Fest in Historic City Park, Carlile Ave.
- July 3 & 4 150th Birthday Celebration, Birthday Bash & Regatta Parade, Pueblo’s Riverwalk.
- July 17, 6:30 p.m., Sangre de Cristo Arts Center. Festival Friday Celebrates Pueblo’s Birthday.
- July 26, 2 p.m., Sangre de Cristo Arts Center. Song of Pueblo, Free admission.
- Sept. 5, Colorado State Fair, Mayors’ Day. Mayors from all across the state will celebrate Pueblo’s birthday.
- Sept. 26, 6 p.m.: Info Zone, Rawlings Library, 4th floor. Damon Runyon’s Pueblo, produced 1981, directed by John Johnson, written by Joel Scherzer.
- Sept. 26-Oct. 3, Steelworks Center, 215 Canal Street. Steelabration
- Dinner/speaker Dr. Dan Shwarz, Professor of English Cornell University—expert on life of Damon Runyon. Union Depot, 5:30 p.m. Tickets & sponsorship info Corninne Koehler, 719-252-5389. Proceeds go to scholarships in journalism, history or English at PCC or CSU-Pueblo.
- November 9-14, Pueblo Convention Center, Pueblo City Showcase. A display of artifacts from the City’s past. Other local organizations will display their own historic items.
- November 28, Colorado and Abriendo to 6th & Main, Pueblo Christmas Parade of Lights.